Club runs start at Durbanville Golf club:
Distance: Options of 5km up to 15km & beginners group
Time: 06:00am (September to March)
Time: 07:00am (April to August)
*Sunday runs are long distance (20km – 30km). Distances vary from week to week. Look out for the weekly updated regarding the organised Sunday run on the Durbanville Athletics Club Facebook page. There is a R10 seconding fee for drinks along the route.
We cater for beginner runners too. On Tuesdays and Thursday at 6pm along we encourage new runners to take part in a 5km pack run \ walk that is supervised by a club member.
We also support the following organised runs on Saturdays:
“Wietse se Run”
Distance: 28km, 20km, 12km & 6km (R 30 Seconding Fee; R 6 parking)
Location: Runs start from Willowbridge in Bellville
Durbanville Park Run
Distance: 5km (remember to register to participate)
Location: Meerendal Estate
Farm runs in conjunction with CMC
Meerendal, Altydgedacht, Majik Forest, Bellville Golfcourse, Bloemendal
Summer: 17:45 for 18:00 start
Winter: 17:30 for 17:45 start (headlights compulsory in winter)
Organised pack runs across the Western Cape
Duration: 3-4 hours
Distance: 10 – 25km
Time: 07:00am (October to March)
Time: 07:30am (April to September)
Wednesday Farm Runs
The Wednesday farm runs are held every Wednesday on alternating farms. The venues are published in the trail year program as well as on the Durbanville AC Trail and Durbac Members Facebook pages. All runners, from beginners to trail goats and weird people are welcome to join us on the trails.
Weekend Pack Runs
Typically held on a Sunday, these runs explore the mountains of the Western Cape (Tafelberg, Jonkershoek, Paarl Rock, Helderberg, Tygerberg and more). We try to arrange at least 2 of these per month and the details will also be shared on the Durbanville AC Trail Facebook page. All runners are welcome – friends, family, road-runners and trail goats.
The runs normally last 3-4 hours (distance varies). It is important to be self-sufficient on these runs as far as water, food, weather-appropriate clothing and kit are concerned.
Durbac Trail supports multi-day trail events in 2018, and we encourage members to enter with other Durbies for a trail running experience:
Oorlogskloof – 21 April 2018
Road Captain's Challenge Rules & Guidelines:
- Points are awarded for PARTICIPATION. Each race counts one point.
- Members must participate in Club Kit to qualify for points (including trail runs)
- Members who achieve the set criteria will be recognised at the Annual Prize-Giving Function.
A score of 21+ =GOLD; 17-20 =SILVER and 12-16 =BRONZE
The following Wild Cards can be played to add to your total points to a max of 5 points for Wild Cards.
2018 Wild Cards.
- 1 POINT for doing Sunday seconding duty 2018
- 1 POINT for assisting in whatever capacity at our 2018 race
- 1 POINT for participating in the Cross County series (min of 3 races)
- 1 POINT for participation in any track and field event (min of 2)
- 1 POINT for completing any Ultra other than Two Oceans and Comrades
- 1 POINT for completing any Multi-discipline event (e.g. Biathlon, Duathlon, Triathlon) in Durbac colours
Trail Captain's Challenge Rules & Guidelines
- Although performance is applauded, the Trail Captain's challenge rewards participation over performance.
- The Trail Captain's Challenge is designed to give recognition to Durbac members that compete a set number of trail races in club colours.
- Those that obtain a certain level of participation will receive their medals at the annual club prize giving.
- Points are awarded for participation.
- All races and daily distances need to be completed for the allotted points to accrue to the member.
- Members must participate in Durbac club colours to qualify for the points.
- For multiday races, club colours need to be worn only on 1 of the days.
- It is the responsibility of the member to notify the trail committee of the members achievements that leads to award qualification.
- Send the notification either following the event, or on a monthly basis.
- The following defines the achievement level
- 12-16 points - Bronze
- 17-21 points - Silver
- 22+ - Gold
- The Trail Captain's Challenge is based on the similar Road Captain's Challenge.
- 2018 is the inaugural challenge and the selected races and required achievements is an initial attempt at creating the challenge.
- Any comments and recommendations will be welcomed.
- No changes will be made to the 2018 calendar so as to allow members to plan their trail running year.
- Changes to races, criteria, award levels, points on offer will all be considered for future years.
- The idea is create a challenge that aligns to Durbac and our members trail running interest, while creating room for new and different events.
Sunday Runs starts at 6am, from the Durbanville Golf Club, between 1 September and 31 March. And 7am from 1 April - 31 August.